5 New Members Of The Teachers Service Commission Sworn In
Chief Justice Martha Koome on Monday presided over the swearing-in of five members of the Teachers Service Commission (TSC).
Those who took Oath of Office are Dr Nicodemus Anyang, Ms Christine Kahindi, Ms Sharon Kisire, Ms Annceta Wafukho and Mr Salesa Abudo.
The CJ urged the Commissioners to do all they can to ensure the education system does not leave any groups behind.
- TSC Begins Coordinating five-day Training of 1,166 Tutors on CBC As it Targets To Contract Approximately 6,000 intern
- KAKAMEGA COUNTY GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS, 2021
- 26 Bachelor Of Science And Arts Degree Teaching Courses baned by TSC
- List Of All Accredited Universities and collages In Kenya (Private and Public)
The members have officially been mandated to ensure that the Commission functions effectively and meets its Constitutional mandate as set out in Article 237 of the Constitution and in the Teachers Service Commission Act (No.20 of 2012).
Specifically, their duties and responsibilities will be to formulate policies to achieve the mandate of the Commission, provide strategic direction, leadership and oversight to the Secretariat as well as to ensure that teachers comply with the teaching standards prescribed by the Commission Act (No.20 of 2012).
The commissioners will also manage the payroll of teachers in its employment, facilitate career progression and professional development for teachers in including the appointment of headteachers and principals.
Further, they will also monitor the conduct and performance of teachers in the teaching service, and do all such other things as may be necessary for the Commission to effectively discharge its functions and exercise its powers.
The five members appointed shall serve for a non-renewable term of six (6) years.
- TSC Hardship Areas – Latest Review
- Teaching Jobs/Vacancies
- TSC Asks Teachers To Update Profile By 30th November
- LATEST TEACHERS SWAPS – SEPTEMBER 2021
- TSC Salary For Newly Promoted Teachers
- New Salary Scales for TSC Employed Teachers
- Teachers Call TSC To Stop Salary Deductions, claims CBA with KNUT, KUPPET Lacked Monetary Gains.
For more Teachers Updates
Join the @TeachersUpdates Telegram channel